Friday, June 02, 2006

Update

So....here's an update on what's been going on with Chris and I:


I am in New York right now (for a month...until June 24th) as a long-term sub for a middle school general music/choir teacher. They finish school MUCH later than us Texans! It's been pretty good so far. I'm staying with my in-laws and driving about 30 minutes to the school where I'm at. One thing I've realized is that I think I'm meant to teach elementary music. Middle School music is okay....but I don't have as much fun as I do with the little ones. While I'm here, I'm looking for a job for the 06-07 school year. I do have an interview at an elementary next Thursday so wish me luck! During the interview, I have to do a "demo" lesson with a 4th grade class so that should be fun! I'm also taking another online graduate class while I'm here....Foundations of Music Education...fun, fun!


Chris is still back in Abilene. He's working away on those little jets :) and also taking an online class through ACU....an English Literature class. We were not together on our first anniversary so we were a little sad about that.

Well, that's all for now! I'm off!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I did not know you were already in New York! Will you be back in Abilene sometime before July? We are moving in July, but I wanted to see you before we left! Good luck on the job hunt! Love you!

Unknown said...

Is a new update coming soon? Just wondering! Love ya!